Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, Junk Out recommends the following:
- Unless it is essential to have items removed, we encourage you to wait until further notice.
- Unless you are incapable of moving disposal items into a bin, we strongly suggest that bin rental services are considered instead of junk removal services.
- If waiting to take your junk out is impossible, some safer alternatives include:
- Use bin rental services as opposed to junk removal services; this saves you money, limits the number of people handling items, and gives you the opportunity to engage in physical activity
- Whenever possible, break down larger items and dispose of them via public municipal waste services (always a good cost-cutting practice)
- Minimize non-essential purchases and avoid excessive packaging, whenever possible (Again, this is an environmentally-responsible habit to consider at all times)
Additionally and until further notice, Junk Out is now operating as follows:
A. Zero human contact – all matters must be addressed via phone, text or e-mail:
Our staff will continue to smile and respect others. For the safety of everyone, people cannot come into direct contact with one another.
B. Changes to our Junk Removal Service:
All junk removal services have been suspended; bin rental services are still available.
C. Changes to our Junk Removal Service:
Front-line workers will not be interacting with our clients during junk removal services;
All items intended for removal must be set aside and without human contact for 3 days (72 hours);
If possible, please disinfect your items before our front-line workers arrive;
Approved disinfectants list: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/disinfectants/covid-19/list.html
Front-line workers will spray an approved disinfecting agent on all items before handling.
Condos and apartments present a higher risk to our front-line workers. As such, we may be unable to provide junk removal services until further notice.
If you require same-day removal service or live in a condo or apartment, contact us and we will discuss any possibility for a safe alternative.
Thank you in advance for your understanding, cooperation and shared responsibility to keeping our community healthy.
Team Junk Out